About Us

Mission

The Glendale Association of REALTORS® is a trade organization established on July 22, 1920 to serve its membership by providing programs and services to enhance their ability to conduct business successfully with integrity and competency, without undue regulatory restraint, as well as to encourage the preservation of real property rights.
 

History

One of the oldest business activities in Glendale, the real estate industry was first organized on July 22, 1920 at a conference for insurance professionals. A few weeks later on September 10, the constitution was adopted at the first official real estate meeting, and the Glendale Realty Board was formed. By January 1923, membership grew to include 70 local professionals.

Over the years the organization would undergo several name changes:

1941: Glendale Real Estate Board
1946: Glendale Multiple Listing Association
1951: Glendale Board of REALTORS®
1995: Glendale Association of REALTORS® (GAOR)

Today GAOR's service area includes Glendale, Eagle Rock, Los Angeles, Montrose, La Crescenta, La Canada, and the Foothill areas. The Association continues to provide members with products and key services to help conduct their real estate business, with a renewed focus on promoting ethical and fair business practices and equality to all clients represented by REALTORS®.

From the beginning, GAOR officers and members have served their profession and communities in and around Glendale in many capacities – often receiving distinguished awards and recognition for their services on the Glendale City Council, to the Chamber of Commerce, on Planning Commissions, School Boards, and more.